My name is Kati Brown. I live in Colorado with my husband and two boys, a teen and a tween. I am a huge nerd/geek. I got a Bachelor’s in English Literature & Language with a minor in Writing from the University of Northern Colorado. (Go Bears!) With my husband, I volunteer in The Rebel Legion, a Star Wars charity costuming group. My family is really into movies, video games, and anything pop culture related, so we can often be found at “nerd conventions,” movie theaters, and on our gaming PCs. I also play dog agility with my American Hairless Terrier, Dash.
Why am I qualified to teach this course?
- CEO of Hooked by Kati, a successful pattern design business dedicated to amigurumi.
- College background in publishing provides special knowledge of writing to a style guide.
- Sold nearly 20,000 patterns in only 5 years as a designer.
- Student Mentor for Crochetpreneur Business Academy (CBA)
- Crochet Business Summit presenter 2021, 2022, 2023
- Shortlist for Blog Personality of the Year 2019, Lovecrafts Crafty Awards
- Winner of Amigurumi.com design contest 2021 (Wonder the Birthday Dragon)
- Published in Crochet! Magazine, Crochet World, Annie’s Special Issues, I Like Crochet, Simply Crochet, and Happily Hooked.